Sunday 1 August 2010

Eggs, etc.

I had to buy some Eggs for work the other day (er ... a couple of months ago actually) ... seeing I work in the science area of a high school, I am not sure you really want to know what they got used for but ... I am telling you anyway - LOL
The first 3 got used for a science practial where they were testing food ... for stuff like suger and starch and protien (which is what egg white is mostly made of) ... the other 3 (the ones in the photo - lol) ... had an even weirder fate ... the forensics class were doing a practical lesson on urine tesing ... so I had to make the (fake) "urine" for them to test ... and one of the ingredients was "powdered albumin" ... but we didn't have any of that ... luckily I remembered that when someone did the same thing a couple of years ago I also didn't have any powdered albumin ... but I had used fresh egg white (albumin is the protien that egg white is made of ;-) and it had worked fine ... so ... I did that again, and it worked again ... and I really should remember to chuck out the left over "pee" from the fridge at work when I get in there on Monday, because they did the lesson and finished with it a few weeks ago and it is probably getting a bit too gross for anyone else to use ... lol (and there isn't a forensics class running this semester anyway).

but ... to (Eventually) get to the point of why I decided to post a photo of these particualr Eggs for my letter E post for ABC Wednesday (which it  now isn't anyway, well - not on the blog that most of those are on) - here are the last 3 of those 6 eggs I bought  (some brand of free range (or maybe they were "barn laid") eggs - becuause there is meant to be a policy, in ACT public schools, to not buy cage Eggs ... which most of the cooking teachers/Etc don't know about and don't want to know about because the budget won't stretch to free range Eggs in the quantities they need ... but we don't need/buy a lot of Eggs, and I agree with the "no cage eggs" idea - so I get free range or at least barn laid ones if I can ... anyway ... I nearly fell over laughing in the supermarket aisle when I opened the carton (to make sure they were not cracked/etc) ... and I am sure you can see why -



omg! - the Eggs are SMILING back at me - LOL

(yes - I guess it would have looked better if I had taken a photo when I still had all 6 eggs in that carton ... but I didn't ... so too bad ... )

eggs with smiley faces stamped on them ... what will "they" think of next?

Except ... I have just found a reason this probably shouldn't be my E post on that other blog (maybe I could call it an Early E post on here?) ... because I went to see if I had already started the C one that I was going to do last year but didn't (one all about my Crochet) and realised that the reason I remembered typing something about how I was going to do a Crochet post for C was because I had typed all about how I had planned to but had not done it ... and I had typed that in my E post ... which I also never got around to finishing (adding photos mainly) and posting ... so that one is still saved as a draft ... with the odd title of "Echidnas Etc" ... gee ... seems I still think along the same lines a whole alphabet later ... LOL
So ... maybe I should move this post to one of my other blogs?  (Export it? lol  ... actually the Easiest way is to copy and paste the whole lot of the html code - how do I know? - been there done that).
I just copied it here ... and changed a couple of things that wouldn't make sense if I hadn't (like a "there" that needed to become a "here" and a "that" which had to become a "this" ... because I typed half of this sentence just before I actually cut and pasted everything here) ... it Was going to be a post on my normal ?!!! blog ... the one I usually post most of my stuff to) ... it actually fits in quite well on this blog ... in fact I probably would have put it here in the first place if I had not thought I wanted it for my E post on Up Too Late As Usual ... which isn't up on there yet, because we are not up to the letter E yet ... we are up to C ... which is what I came in here to start working on before I got side-tracked by finding this picture of eggs while looking for photos of my Crochet ...

er ... yes ... the workings of my brain, and the weird stuff I therefore rave on about in my blog posts, are probably also one of those things that make one say "huh?" ...

and yes - this IS the first post on here for ages ... a couple of years ... no not quite that long this time ... but most of a year ... I will eventually post a few more things here ... I have a couple of other weird ideas/things that belong in a place like this ... but I need to actually get around to taking photos and/or scanning them - LOL

now ... off to work out what I might want to put in the now Empty post I was doing on the other blog ... I am there (as in logged in to blogger with the editor thingy open ready to type something ready to post to that blog) and I have found a couple of photos to post, and I kind of want to post a link, to this post, on there ... so why not? lol)

No comments: