Friday 7 September 2007

wow - 50% more ...

This is a worry ...



"50% more batteries than other leading brand's every day 4 pack" !?! ... er ... what the .... ?

It is a packet of batteries I bought the other day (dunno how good they are - they were for work and they have not actually been used yet) ... and to think - somebody probably got paid to make up that label!

Ok ... what catchy "brag" will they think of for their next product?
(hmmm ... "double sheets - twice the sheet than leading other brands single sheet"?
or twin pack of undies - 100% more undies than competing brand's single pack undies"?)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's misleading advertising, actually, It's meant to make you think that it's a limited sale offer. Some people would not read the line underneath and might grab several packs to 'stock up'.

Hmm. Almost puts me off buying Varta at all. LOL!

Helen from Hobart said...

"Almost puts me off Varta at all"????

What on earth is Varta ? I said - then went back to look at the picture in case it was a special kind of battery. DOH ! Well their advertising didn't work on me !!!